Let’s start with a surprising fact about the leafy member of the brassica family.
Did you know that a cabbage is actually richer in vitamin C than oranges?
Vitamin C is an essential winter vitamin that will boost your immunity because it acts as an antioxidant.
And since it is the time of the year that we’re all sniffing and sneezing we present you a soothing winter soup recipe …
Cabbage soup au gratin
For this must-try recipe we recommend a flat white cabbage like ‘Green Rich’, which is sweeter compared to other cabbages.
Our customer Jaro-Fruit, grower and supplier for large supermarket retail chains, markets ‘Green Rich’ under the brand name Jaroma®.
Marc Simons supplies our cabbage under the name ‘Aroma Kool’ to EDEKA!
- 200g cabbage
- 2 rice cakes or slice of baquette
- 30g grated cheese
- 350cc bouillon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- salad oil
- Fry the shredded cabbage in the salad oil until browned.
- Add the bouillon, bring to the boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour (1) into a cocotte or some other heatproof dish, add a toasted rice cake or slice of baquette and top with cheese.
- Bake at 220°C until the cheese is browned.
Account & Product Manager Vegetables Rogier is a true “foodie”.
His personal twists for this dish:
“For that extra ‘bite’ try adding Enoki and Buna mushrooms. Especially the Buna Shimeji is famous for its firm texture, nutty flavour and Umami taste. For ‘meat lovers’ I suggest to add thinly sliced pork ribs that are slowly grilled on the BBQ!.”
Recipe Source: Takii Japan