We are looking for an experienced
Head of Research & Development EMEA
This is a new position within Takii Europe. The Head of Research & Development will report to the Managing Director of Takii Europe and will oversee and manage all breeding and related R&D activities in alignment with the global strategy of Takii Japan. Breeding activities – including breeding support like phytopathology and molecular research – take place at Takii Europe as well as other Takii R&D entities in Europe.
The main tasks will consist of
- Manage, train and develop professional staff across each reporting department ;
- Coordinate the activities of the company’s breeding staff at all breeding locations ;
- Ensure alignment with Takii global breeding strategy and maintain strong functional contacts with Takii global R&D management based in Japan;
- Deliver strategic input and decision in breeding crops, using technologies and fundamental research in order to reach specific targets in the respective markets while cooperating closely with core departments;
- Build and maintain a portfolio of superior products that results in the success of Takii’s seeds customers and the achievement of its annual business plan goals;
- Develop a R&D strategy to maximize service of emerging horticultural trends and developments;
- Build the company’s network of seed breeding and cooperators around the world;
- As a member of Takii’s Regional team, lead/participate in developing and executing the company’s strategic plan and help oversee ongoing company-wide business operations;
- Ensure compliance with various legislation and lead and ensure Takii’s representation at universities and research institutions.
We expect you to have a minimum of a Master’s degree/ PHD degree in a relevant plant breeding or horticultural science, as well as experience in developing new varieties of vegetables/flowers and taking them to market within the vegetable and flower seed industry. You have proven experience in managing a team of flower or vegetable breeders.
You possess natural leadership, enabling you to be an inspirational coach for your teams and setting the goals and managing the correct execution of the breeding and laboratory activities; as well as guiding and developing your teams of creative breeders, technicians, and sites.
Your communication and people skills are at a high level, and you are able to negotiate with colleagues and other associates at all levels of the organization and from different cultural backgrounds.
Furthermore, you are a solid personality with organizational insight, you are analytically strong; , process and result driven and you handle stress well in different circumstances. You have excellent reading, writing and speaking skills in English and excellent knowledge of MS Office and breeding software. Frequent international travel is involved. We would prefer you to live in the Netherlands.
Working at Takii stands for working at a financial solid and strongly growing company. We offer a challenging position in an international organization with room for initiative and personal development. Initiative and results will be rewarded with a good remuneration package and excellent secondary working conditions.
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Ton Kuipers (Managing Director) at + 31 (0) 619450918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your job application (CV and letter of motivation) in English to Conny Allon, Head of Human Resources EMEA, at our headquarters in De Kwakel, the Netherlands, via email@example.com. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure.